What is Worshiping Outside Walls? WOW Sunday is dedicated to going outside our church to serve our community through various service projects, and worshiping with those who are homebound or reside in an assisted living center. First United Methodist Church (FUMC) in Waxahachie began WOW several years ago in the spirit of God being everywhere, all the time, not just in our church building on Sunday morning. CPC began partnering with FUMC in this community outreach in 2013. Together, we will bring worship out of the building and share God’s love!
WOW Sunday 2018 will be September 30th
WOW Sunday looks like this:
- 8:30 am Breakfast and short commissioning at First United Methodist Church Family Life Center, 505 W. Marvin Ave.
- 9:15 am Depart for worship/service project sites
- Worship services are at 9:30am and 11am
- Service project sites are from 9:30am to approx. noon
Worship sites: examples of sites are local parks, local retirement centers, and some individuals’ homes who are homebound.
Project sites: these sites are throughout the community for those in need that involve maintenance and construction. There are also opportunities that do not require extensive labor. Examples involve sewing, making cards, packing care packages, etc.
Please sign up!
- SIGN UP ONLINE HERE for either a worship or project site. You will be notified the week leading up to WOW Sunday where you will worship/serve. Printable WOW 2018 Sign up Form
- Child care: There is child care available for very small children, 3 and under, at FUMC. Age 4 and up are encouraged to participate with their families! Please RSVP for child care to FUMC 972-937-4400.
- SIGN UP HERE if you can bring something to the breakfast.
What to Wear:
- If you have one, wear your yellow WOW T-shirt!! There will be shirts available on Sunday for a $10 donation. You can also wear your CPC t-shirt or in whatever you are comfortable.
- Check back soon to find out what will be collected for WOW projects!
THERE WILL BE NO REGULAR WORSHIP SERVICE OR SUNDAY SCHOOL AT CPC ON THIS DAY!!!!!!!!!!
Motivated by the reconciling work of God and extending His grace and mercy to others outside our church walls for His glory and not our own. It is an expression of the love and the stewardship of grace given to us, marked by humility, generosity and hospitality.