“My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.” John 15:12 (NIV)
Reaching Out to the Community, the Nation and the World
Central Presbyterian Church reaches out to neighbors of all ages within our community and abroad with service as well as financial support. Many of our members give their time each month serving these organizations. Our actions are inspired by and in response to the love of Christ.
Mission Partners in our Community
- Daniel’s Den, a safe haven providing emergency assistance and transitional housing for the homeless.
- Waxahachie CARE‘s Give-A-Meal-A-Month® is a program whereby members provide food for the food pantry equaling more than 1000 meals per year for local families.
- Hope Clinic, a local service that provides medical and dental care for those in need.
- Our Little Pantry provides food and other essentials to our neighborhood 24/7.
- Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services providing home, care and counseling to children and single mothers
- Gingerbread House a child advocacy center
- CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates)
- Rainbow Room which provides support and basic items for children brought in by the police and other agencies
- Big Brothers & Big Sisters provides mentors for high school students
- Common Ground Ministries which has after-school and summer programs for children.
- Our Little Libraries provides books to neighborhood children 24/7 from our outdoor library boxes.
- Marvin Elementary School
- No Place Like Home Orphanage
We spend our time helping our neighbors with our love and service
- CPC members have gathered to help our neighbors in need of light structure and yard repair through the Second Saturday Service mission, and provided food and encouragement through projects by The Marthas.
- Youth and adults have volunteered their time at the North Texas Food Bank earning credits for Waxahachie Care, delivering food and hygiene kits to people who are homeless with Our Calling, and has served meals at Union Gospel Mission (UGM) in Dallas.
- Children have created and delivered cards and care packages to college students, residents of assisted living centers, military service personnel, and just anyone we know who needs a loving word!
- CPC has helped fund and provided volunteers for Kids Against Hunger in conjunction with the Rotary Club International to pack high-nutrition meals for starving kids around the world since 2012.
- CPC has partnered with First United Methodist Church in Waxahachie in Worship Outside the Walls (WOW) since 2013. Worship services and service projects are simultaneously held around the community. Click here for more details about WOW.
Mission Partners Abroad
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8(NIV)
CPC regularly supports people outside of our community
- Operation Christmas Child members pack shoe boxes filled with toys and personal items for underprivileged children internationally every year at Christmas (see picture above).
- Missions of our Presbytery through Presbytery Mission Shares and Grace Presbytery Mission Center.
- One Great Hour of Sharing program through PC(USA)
- Joy Offering through PC(USA)
- Birthday Offering through Presbyterian Women
- Pentecost Offering through PC (USA)
- Grant McFarland, mission worker with schoolchildren in India.
- CPC members have traveled Haiti and Honduras to serve at the No Place Like Home Orphanage in Port Au Prince, Haiti, and Rancho El Paraiso in Honduras via HOI, Inc.
- World Wear Project: CPC collects recyclable clothing, shoes and household goods to help people in need in bin on grounds of Bethlehem Revisited on Jackson St. All are welcome to place items in bin.