Food Week of Action
October 1, 2018–As a Hunger Action Congregation, CPC would like to honor Food Week of Action and World Food Day, October 14-21, 2018. How can you help? Start with the 10 Commandments of Food:
1. Give thanks for the food you eat.
2. Eat food grown as close as possible to where you live.
3. Strive for all people to have knowledge about and access to affordable, nutritious food.
4. Eat mindfully and in moderation.
5. Do not waste food.
6. Be grateful to those who grow and prepare food for your table.
7. Support fair wages for farm workers, farmers and food workers.
8. Reduce the environmental damage of land, water and air from food production.
9. Protect the biodiversity of seeds, soils, ecosystems and the cultures of food production.
10. Rejoice and share the sacred gift of food with all.
Visit www.pcusa.org/foodweek for more information and ideas.
“But Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you as a stranger and invite you in or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?” The King will answer then, ”Truly, I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” Matthew 25:37-40.
Central Presbyterian Church has been recognized as a Hunger Action Congregation for 2017-2019 by the Presbyterian Hunger Program PC(USA). Your work making soup or bread with The Martha’s for hungry strangers, delivering meals to ill or bereaved members through our congregational care ministry team, faithfully providing the Give-A-Meal-A-Month yellow bags to Waxahachie Care, taking breakfast or lunch to our neighbors at Marvin Elementary, participating in the Kids Against Hunger effort or our newest mission, the Free Little Pantry, or feeding kids during Vacation Bible School, you are responding to the biblical call to alleviate hunger. Keep up the good work and let’s look for more ways to serve our neighbors.
Earth Care Congregation ministry team